All-State Boys’ Soccer Lists of teams can be found at http://www.cscasoccer.org/
- 4 Divisions: “S”, “M”, “L”, “LL”
- Coaches in each league meet to select the best players in their league. All selected players are then ranked from 1 to 22. The top 11 players in most leagues are designated all league. These rankings are forwarded to the All-State committees. Then from the all-league ranking sheets the committee considers all the top players in each league. The top 22
CRITERIA FOR ALL CHSCA ACADEMIC ALL STATE NOMINATION
- There is a misconception as to who may be selected as an Academic All-State. The operative word here is All-State.
- MUST be a senior in good standing within their school, exhibit good character and citizenship, completed an entire season as a team member of the sport their senior year that they have been nominated for, and have had received a varsity letter within that sport.
- A senior can only qualify for consideration for CHSCA Academic All-State by making the First (1st) CHSCA All-State team for that sport.
- A senior after meeting number 1 and 3 MUST also score at least:
- 1200 on SAT (800 Math/ 800 = Critical Reading/Writing)
- At least 26 on ACT
**Criteria will change to be to be updated to be consistent with changes to SAT/ACT scores***
- Nomination MUST be signed by BOTH Coach and Guidance Counselor with their respective information
- The Coach nominating the student athlete player must be a member of the CHSCA.
- MUST BE POSTMARKED BY: ___________________________________
The CHSCA is sorry this was not clarified and posted earlier but this is to be adhered to by all sports with the exception of Field Hockey and Girls Lacrosse who have been grandfathered.
ACADEMIC ALL STATE NOMINATION FORM
SPORT NOMINATED FOR: ________________________________________
PLAYER’S NAME: (PRINT) ________________________________________
SCHOOL: _____________________ TOWN: ______________________
PLAYER’S HOME PHONE: (_____) ______________
NOMINATION FORM MUST BE SIGNED AND INFORMATION NEEDED
BY BOTH COACH AND GUDIANCE COUNSELOR:
COACH: (PRINT) ___________________________________________________
COACH’S PHONE CONTACT: (____) __________________
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR: (PRINT) ______________________________________
COUNSELOR’S PHONE CONTACT: (_____) ______________
NOMINEES RANNK IN CLASS: ________________ OF __________
SAT: MATH:__________; CRITICAL READING:__________; WRITING:____________
and/or ACT: ______________
(REVISED 5/5/2016)players in each classification are selected as the All-State teams in each Division. This consists of 20 field players and two Goal Keepers.